26 May 2011

Smart Cookie

On Tuesday, I found some cool educational posters at the dollar store. The dollar store is my new favorite place to check out. I got Mason 5 posters for his room (All for the break the bank price of $3). That night, Mason was so excited about his new posters we played with them for a good 30 minutes before bed. One of the posters is a map of the USA. I asked Mason where we live and he pointed straight to Texas and said "Texas." I was so amazed because I don't remember teaching him that. I then pointed out other states, which he was able to say some. He says California really well! I taught him where grandma and grandpa are from and the next night I asked him where is grandpa from and he pointed to Louisiana and then I ask him where grandma was from and he pointed to Missouri! I was so proud he remembered! He also started pointing to Austin when I ask him where we live.

One of the other posters is numbers, and from Tuesday night he was counting away! I also bought an antonyms poster. I figured it would be hard but he already seems to understand some of the concepts. One of the pictures is few/many and its many books vs few books. Mason will point to the picture and I will ask him "is that many books or few books" and he knows the difference! Not to brag on my son but I am so proud of him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment