25 June 2010

Nanny

This week was our first week with the new nanny. Robert is still home so he has been helping and also using this time to figure out the best way to set up/schedules, etc. I have to say its going great so far. Mason is much less fussier in the evenings and has a better temperment (sp?) overall. Parker's mom says Parker is also less fussy in the evenings.
I guess I should go back and say we are sharing a nanny with some friends. Our plan was to alternate houses and the nanny will go to each house with all the kiddos. This week we started at our house. Its been an adjustment for all of us, but I think hardest on me-go figure! I will have to be disciplined to work and not be tempted to go play.
We will do themes each week, so we decided to start with transportation because thats what they were doing at their previous school before they left. We did simple stuff, like coloring pictures of cars and trains. We tried an activity called "tire tracks" where they run the cars through paint and make tire tracks. It worked ok, the kids had more fun just playing in the paint. The next day was "car wash" where they washed the cars they got covered in paint. That worked out great!
Next week we decided to start a theme of colors. My friend from college gave me some great ideas, and as she is a teacher it seems silly not to use them. Let's hope it goes as well as this week has!!
So far, I am glad we made this change. Fingers crossed that all remains ok :)

No comments:

Post a Comment