07 August 2011

A "not so great" moment

Ok, so the majority of the time I write about all the great things my kids do. I have been thinking lately I should capture some of the "not so great" moments too. My kids are far from perfect, why should my blog not reflect this too?

Mason loves Autumn. I do know this and I see it. I do, however, see the moments where he does not show her much love. Today, for instance, he resorted to his pushing her just for fun and saying I'm sorry right away. He has learned that if he pushed her down he has to say he is sorry. He has this part down. We do our normal routine (apologize and timeout) and then he is nice for awhile. Later he does it again. Not always the same day, but he does end up pushing her again somewhere down the road. You get my drift.

Robert told me the other day that Autumn is starting to mimic Mason. I saw it today. She hit him and then automatically gave him a kiss. Autumn is still at that stage where she thinks all this is funny, so when I tried to teach her the right thing, she just laughed.

Two minutes later, they are chasing each other around the house and laughing up a storm. Just like that they are back to playing nicely.

Mom was tempted to bust out the gentlemens jack. I refrained.

No comments:

Post a Comment