01 May 2011

I'm a Carny Man

On Friday, Robert took the kids to the Liberty Hill BBQ cook-off. Our friend DJ was participating in the cook-off. There was also a carnival on the grounds.

This is Robert's report:
1. Autumn did really well, but all the BBQ smoke really got to her. (hence picture) One of Roberts friends had his trailer so she was able to take a nap and get out of the smoke some.
2. Mason loves DJ! (I already knew this) DJ took off with Mason for a bit and Robert went to check on them. DJ saw Robert and said "We're busted!" Mason was loaded down with cotton candy and candy apples. Thankfully Mason ran around for several more hours and all that sugar did burn off.
3. Mason rode the ferris wheel several times. There were other rides Mason really wanted to get on but the carny men would not let him. At one point Mason took off from Robert and was in the process of going through the exit gate to get back on the ferris wheel.
4. Mason was allowed to do the bungee trampoline - which he LOVES!
5. Several of his friends kept telling him how cool it was he was there by himself (I actually do believe this, seeing as I do know the Pflugerville crowd)
6. Robert really enjoyed seeing his guy buds. Well, this is my assessment, but Robert did say he had fun :)

Yes, I missed my kids as they were gone all day, but I am so glad Robert went.


No comments:

Post a Comment