19 May 2011

Beach Adventures - Day 2

On Monday, the kids woke up and we could tell they were still a little tired from the long day Sunday. We decided to do the pool in the morning before lunch so Robert could grill our hamburgers/hotdogs. We got down there and Robert got the grill going, with some help of course! Once I got the kids lathered up, we went swimming. Mason loved swimming. He had on his arm floaties and would doggie paddle back and forth. it's a good thing he did ok by himself. Autumn would not spend any time in the baby float, so I pretty much had to hold her.
After the swimming and eating, the kids needed a nap. After the long naps, we got ready for our dolphin watching adventure. Overall, the kids were so-so about the dolphins. What Mason was more interested in was the boat itself. One minute I am playing with Autumn, the next minute the deckhand is telling me we have a new captain! I run to the stairs and who is driving?? Mason! Mason drove for a good 15 minutes before he had to turn the boat back over. Mason spent most of the adventure up those stairs. Autumn and I spent our time watching the bay and learning that sea gulls love cheerios. (I did not feed them, the deckhand did. I did supply them, however). Autumn was still so tired she fell asleep before the ride was over.
I do have to say that before our boat ride as we were waiting, one of the deep sea fishing trips got back with their catches. There was a HUGE grouper among the fishes. Mason really liked seeing all the fish.
After the boat ride, I really wanted some real food so we stoped at the local Crazy Cajun. It was ok food, but the service was not so great and with two kids under 3 that can be a challenge. Well, we know better for next trip.
Another great day complete!

 



Captain Mason


No comments:

Post a Comment